I was craving coconut! When I am craving something it is kind of like a 3-year-old wanting the toy in the very bottom of the toy box that nobody can see or find but the kid knows it is in there. I pretty much need whatever I am craving or I get a little cranky… I know scary. With that said, I wanted to revisit a refined 90-second macaroon. I made these a while ago and was impressed with the simplicity and they hit the spot.
Macaroons in 90 seconds were born. This recipe is sooooooooo easy.
Literally, 4 ingredients, some parchment paper, a plate, and a microwave is all you need to whip these babies up. Give it a try.
Macaroon Recipe – The 90-second Macaroon.
1 Egg White
3/4 Cup Unsweetened Coconut
1 Tsp. Cocoa
1 Cup Icing Sugar
- Add the egg white to a small bowl and beat until foamy on top.
- In another bowl mix together icing sugar and cocoa; then add egg white mixture and stir thoroughly;
- Add coconut and mix together.
- Line a microwaveable plate with a piece of parchment paper and add 4 spoonfuls of the mixture to the plate.
- Microwave on high for 90 seconds.
- Let cool and move to a rack.
- Repeat as this mixture should make 8.
- Be very cautious of your microwave’s power. I noticed in mine that in the first batch I could have removed them around 75 seconds. Just keep a close eye on them while in the microwave.
I hope you have a great Wednesday and I look forward to seeing you on Friday. If you give these a try let me know how you make out. My second time around I made them a little “bigger” to ensure they stayed oooey and gooey on the inside.