Middle of the week for a grilled peach. What do you think? I am a big fan of grilled fruit and for some reason, it goes super well with the crunch of a nut and the sharpness of the cheese. For this salad, I used toasted walnuts, goat cheese, and a simple balsamic vinaigrette with honey. A quick side dish that can go with just about any meal. This is great with a piece of pork, roasted fish, or even grilled steak on the barbecue.
A little adventurous side of me tried this paired with grilled steak and used my homemade barbecue sauce ( slightly thinned out) as a dressing atop the salad. It was delicious. But then again for me anything barbecue – makes me happy.
Grilled Peach Salad with Walnuts and Goat Cheese Recipe
Grilled Peach Salad with Walnuts and Goat Cheese
2 Peaches ( seeded and halved)
1/2 Cup walnuts
1/3 Cup goat cheese ( crumbled)
2 Cups Baby spinach
2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
2 Tbsp. Honey
2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
1 Tsp. Garlic ( minced)
Salt and pepper
- Prepare the peaches and rub them with a little balsamic vinegar and set aside
- Wash and dry your spinach ( use a spinner if you really despise wet greens like me)
- In a frying pan or a cookie sheet, roast walnuts until they are golden brown.
- For the dressing, using a sealable jar, add honey, oil, and vinegar topped with garlic, salt, and pepper, and shake.
- Set aside until just before serving.
- On an indoor or outdoor grill over medium heat, add the peaches and cook until golden and caramelized.
- Remove from heat and begin assembling your salad.
- Add the dressing.
Pro Tip: By toasting the walnuts before adding them you bring a whole new level of flavor. The nuttiness is more pronounced and the texture works really well with the peaches and goat cheese.
One other thing I learned from Michael Smith related to salad preparation is that you can start off with the dressing in the bottom of the bowl and add the rest of the ingredients atop that and just toss before serving. A great idea as well.
OK, have a super Wednesday, and take a look outside. Is the sun shining where you are? I have outdoor yard plans coming out of my ears. I cannot wait to attack the landscaping and organizing around the house this year.