Hi All Happy Monday! Funny story as to why I picked this post. I am a little tight on time as a last-minute trip to Vancouver sprung on me Friday evening with a sudden return trip from Vancouver came right after on Saturday morning. I arrive home Saturday night to pack for my conference in Philadelphia starting on Sunday. We are at Blue Bell PA staying at Normandy Farm. Ever been? It is quite nice so far.
There are about 9 of us who traveled together and as I was sitting on the plane I could hear one of my colleagues behind me asking his seat buddy this… Hey ever spend any time in Philadelphia? My other buddy says ” No but I hear they make one heck of cream cheese”
I turned around with a smile and said…. this is going on Cooking! So as I am a little pressed for time – I wanted to share this post with you to get your taste buds grooving for the week.
Hey HugeCooking readers, it’s Jenny over at Picky Palate. I am thrilled to be guest posting here at Cookings! At Picky Palate, I create simple family friendly meals and desserts for even those picky little eaters, come on over for a visit sometime 🙂
I am sharing one of my all-time favorite sinful desserts today that I think you will love! Caramel Apple Cream Cheese Cookie Bars. I was even lucky enough to be featured on Bettycrocker.com with these bad boys!
The best part of this recipe is that it’s a breeze to whip up, the kids can help and you can find all of the ingredients at any grocery store. Hope you all enjoy it!!
Caramel Apple Creamcheese Cookie Bars
3 Tablespoons melted butter
3 Cups Golden Graham Cereal, ground in a food processor
1 Roll of Pillsbury Sugar Cookie Dough
8 oz softened cream cheese
1/4 Cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
21 oz can apple pie filling
1 – 5 oz package Nature Valley Oats N’ Honey Crunchy Granola Bars (2 counts), crushed (I use a rolling pin to crush them right in the bag before opening)
9 – 5 oz Kraft Caramels
1/2 Cup half and half
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine melted butter and ground cereal into a large bowl; press into an 8×8 inch baking dish lined with foil that’s been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake for 10 minutes then remove from oven. Crumble half of the cookie dough over a partially baked crust.
- Place cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla into a mixer; beat until smooth. Pour over crumbled cookie dough layer.
- Bake for 25 minutes then remove from over. Top with 3/4 of the apple pie filling (I chose to just add a part, but you can add the whole can if desired).
- Next top with remaining cookie dough, breaking it off into little pieces evenly over top.
- Sprinkle with crushed granola bars and bake for 30-35 minutes or until the toothpick comes clean from the center.
- Let cool completely then cut into squares.
- Melt caramels and a half and half according to package directions.
- Drizzle over each bar.
- To ensure freshness you can refrigerate the leftovers ( if there is any left ) and enjoy them an hour later.