Homemade Barbecue Chicken Sauce – A Recipe for Deliciously Delicious BBQ Sauce
Ever want to escape the weather? Some choose to go to an all-inclusive resort, other choose to have a special weekend away in seclusion and then there is some that just pretend to relive the summer and make a kicked-up barbecue chicken sauce in the middle of January.
I guess for this week I am the latter of the three described above. For me, nothing beats the barbecue. The thrill of the grill and the flavors make my mouth water, my hairs stand up, and my belly growl. For today, I thought I would share one of my favorite sauces to have on hand – homemade barbecue chicken sauce. This BBQ sauce can be used on just about anything… from chicken, beef, pork, vegetables, rice, nachos, you name it.
I am pretty sure you could smear this BBQ sauce on your car bumper and love it.
Barbecue (BBQ) Chicken Sauce Recipe
Barbecue Chicken Sauce
1 Cup Brown Sugar
2 Tsp. Dry Mustard
2 Tsp. Smoked paprika
1 Clove garlic ( crushed)
4 Tsp. Chili powder
1 Cup Ketchup
1 Cup cider vinegar
3 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 Tbsp. Salt
1 Tbsp. Pepper
- Preheat a large saucepan over medium heat
- Stir all dry ingredients together and then add the remaining liquid.
- Mix thoroughly and bring to a gentle boil ( stirring occasionally )
- Reduce to a simmer for 25-30 minutes
- The longer you simmer this barbecue chicken sauce, the better it will be. If you notice it getting too thick, just add a little water. Package this in resealable jars and give it to your friends, they will be happy.
- OK, so you have to try this sauce… not because I love BBQ but just for the sheer excitement of your taste buds. Let me know if you do give it a try and let me know your thoughts and alterations if you made any.